Friday, April 15, 2016

Painting is the Secret Cure - 2

Usually it gets difficult to paint as often when I'm busy during the semester, but lately I'm trying to utilize the power of this secret cure more. Painting really helps me to heal faster than anything else (well, besides eating brownies :p), and also take a break from stressful real life. So, just wanted to post the three new painting I've done recently.

The first one is a simple still life. I was actually planning to paint something related to spring that day, but changed my mind as I held the brushes as I hadn't painted still life in a while. Not super happy with the end result, but the process of doing that made me happy, and I guess that's what matters the most :) Oh, also I authored my own book in my own painting! :p Hope someday that happens in real life! 


The second one is inspired by a dreamy macro image I've randomly come across, and my most favourite. It was so pretty and dreamy that I decided to replicate that in my work, though usually most of my paintings are not based on any real life image but totally out of imagination, and the theme depends on my specific mood of that time. Also, I felt that I could utilize the real power and beauty of water color after long time in this work, so, pretty happy :)


The third one is the outcome of the euphoria after finishing the previous one. I was so excited that I didn't want to put down my brushes. Also, I have been missing a pretty sunset for a while. So, started randomly playing with colorful sky, then sea, then some more. It ended up looking little bit like Chicago (Lake Michigan).


Hope I'll be able to relax and paint more once I graduate :) Till then need to stop all sorts of procrastinations and push myself for 2 more weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment