Friday, February 1, 2013

Japanese food Udon (うどん) - My new obsession

Udon is a type of noodles which is very popular in Japan. It looks quite thick and usually is served with different toppings. Though it's my fourth year in Japan but almost for 3.5 years I never tried udon! yes, u read it right, never!!! Because for some reason when I thought that it would taste very plain and I will feel like I am eating nothing but boiled wheat!
But, very luckily I gave it a try before a month and found it amazing! Now I am thinking how could I miss such an awesome food for so long!
Kakiage Udon
So udon comes in various tastes. I have tried three types so far, Nabe yaki udon, where there is mochi, shrimp fry, egg, chicken, mushroom, and leek. Then Toro tama don, which has mainly half boiled egg. And kaki age udon, which has kaki fry as topping. All of those tasted really good and I'm so obsessed that I feel like eating udon everyday now! :p
Nabeyaki udon

Torotama udon
Marukame is a very famous shop for udon and they have a branch in Q't Tsukuba. I have decided to try their all types of udon one by one from now on.

Addition: I have got addicted to Marukame's Mentai Gama Tama Udon recently. This is so super delicious that I can't stop! >.< Recommended for everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment