Sunday, March 20, 2016

Yet Another Travel Horror - Part 2

After all the possible stressful events till the last moment, finally I’m on my way to Philly to attend iConference. So, thought this would be the perfect time to write the second part of the travel horror story. But since I’m on the bus heading Chicago at this moment, I’ll write about the last happening first.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday I was finally happy and relieved that I could make it to present at the conference without any accident. But I had an extremely busy day catching up with a lot of personal tasks, attending GSLIS panel for new students, going out with my bestie for his birthday dinner, and was dead tired when I was back. Usually we can book the bus tickets for Chicago on the same day, so I was least worried about that. So, I woke up and opened my computer to book bus ticket, and to my greatest horror all the tickets were sold. Not only on my favorite Peoria Charter’s website, but everywhere! There was not a single ticket left for the whole day including train. Totally forgot that it’s the first day of spring break plus weekend, everybody is leaving town for home. I was almost freaking out, so thought I’d ask Nate since he visits Chicago more often and might know some alternatives. Luckily (read very luckily) he found one bus ticket that could be my best option. I was supposed to arrive at the airport 1 hour 15 minutes before the flight, little tight but there was still chance that I’ll be able to make it. So, I survived the last bit of travel horror though was little anxious. Again, luckily after an hour I got an email from the airlines company about 1 hour flight delay. Usually that’s an annoying news for anyone, but this time that was the best news I could get as it saved me from running at the airport with luggage or worry the whole time about the bus getting late. So, here I’m, heading Chicago to catch flight for Philly, too exhausted. I’ll write about how the horror story began on my next post when I reach Philly.

No comments:

Post a Comment